Tuesday 20 September 2011

Coffee

So, I am the sort of person who starts a blog full of Enthusiasm, Hope and Resolve... which gradually fades away until the last post there is dated three years ago. Okay, okay, not quite three years. But almost.
Well this time I promise, promise, PROMISE to keep on posting!!
*bright smile*
You tut tut and shake your head like one of those Churchill Home Insurance bulldogs that people stick on the dashboard of their cars. I know. You're right, it probably won't last. But if I can't even keep New Year resolutions... how can you expect me to keep a resolution made in the middle of September...?!

Besides my tendency to ramble, which effectually bores any poor readers I might have to death (which means that all you who are reading this are obviously still surviving, CONGRATULATIONS! you must have very hardy constitutions) I can never think of anything to write!!!
It is a constant source of irritation to me.The hours spent uselessly at the screen, frozen by lack of inspiration into a statue of immobility... which means, being a statue, I would no longer be alive, and therefore, wonder of wonders! will have actually expired before my readers! Unheard of.
Actually, come to think of it the above declaration is a contradiction. You probably noticed it before, but I didn't. Being a statue, my brain wasn't working very fast... I say I ramble (the dictionary definition of the word, verb, type four: 'to talk or write in a discursive, aimless way' Yep. That's me.) yet I claim I cannot think of anything to write? Scratch that. I probably mean that I can't think of anything worth reading to write. Scratch that as well. If I carry on like that, most readers will probably have been frightened away...

I don't think congratulations are enough to reward you for have managed this far. I offer you my felicitations, commendations and condolences... Readers, I salute you.
(I have no idea where that sentence came from? but it sounds good. Go away, genius, go away...)

Anyway, now the usual first-post-of-the-blog blurb about inspiration (or the lack of it) is over, let me continue...

So, I have this new blog. A marvellous thing. And I plan to fill this blog with scribbles, hence the wonderful title.
A sort of online journal.
Minus the private thoughts, secrets, and feelings that I've heard people write in their journals. Obviously, if I wrote about them on here, they would no longer be private.
Which therefore makes this an online blog.
Back where we started, methinks!

Well, I have come to the conclusion that I talk too much! So much so that by the time I've realised what I'm saying, I don't even know what I mean anymore. That's happening right now.
I'll stop.
I could say that it's because I've been drinking coffee.
What we do without caffeine to blame?!

So I guess I'll just go have another cup to rejuvenate my spirits... because who can look at that picture without wanting to drink it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment! You know you want to...!