Monday 19 December 2011

Anne of Green Gables


 When I have all the time in the world to blog, I can never think of anything to write; and then when I have a dearth of potential blog material I never have enough time to sit and write it out.
This is irony, apparently.
Well, this is one of the all-the-time-in-the-world-times so I thought I would do a quick little book review, just for a change :) (Such an original idea..)
I am currently re-reading the Anne of Green Gables series for the billionth time. They are the type of book you pick up and then have to carry on reading; corny I know, but it's physically true!
I grew up with Anne of Green Gables.
We were bosom friends and kindred spirits (back then, that is...) I used to desperately want red hair.
She ruined my childhood ideals. They could have been so innocent, so lofty. But no. She brought them down to the envies of red hair.
If only Anne had had a blog we would have all got bored of her... but alas this was not to be, and instead we are forced to like her and laugh over her and long for her to make up with Gilbert Blythe because we are all in love with him anyway and we know its going to happen so why prolong the suspense?!
So if you haven't read the books, read them. And if you have read them, read them again!!

(Was just wondering how I WOULD look with red hair... I think not)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment! You know you want to...!