Monday 19 December 2011

Exercise - and of COURSE I'm not complaining...

(Lately the weather has been like this. And tomorrow I'm expected to jog in it! It's like running through a fog... It IS running through a fog, actually.)

Exercise? Why not?! It's as popular a topic as any. Very popular in fact, hence the naggings from parents and certain friends I could mention.
I thought I'd write about it since I do it so little. I'm not lazy (of course), its just that exercise is not a subject which fills me with enthusiasm.  Perhaps, mehopes, my blogged musings might inspire me...
Well, I actually went for a little jog to the postbox the other day, which incidentally is just down the street. People who saw me probably assumed I was being chased by a knife-wielding mugger.
Unsurprisingly, nobody offered assistance or even bothered to check if I needed it; there's society today for you!
I reached my destination wheezing like a dying fish and then forced myself to turn homeward immediately; since one of my reprehensible parents had told me that it was only when you were in pain that you were truly exercising. I think that is an unspeakable falsehood. Exercise is defined as 'improving your health' and I cannot believe anything is improving when you're hobbling along in agony. :(
So, I there I went in the style of an old, old lady. As a thought, I hope the old lady watching me from by the bus stop realised my manner was coincidental and a result of my exercise rather than a crude mimic. It's not good.
Well, all I can say is that maybe I should have asked for a treadmill for Christmas. Then at least I would be able to perfect my agonies unseen...
But it's not happening.
Apparently I am to go jogging with a friend tomorrow. A friend whos family win long-distance RACES and who go trotting 8 miles before breakfast. And who apparently is going to make me run 2 miles at least and who I know is going to watch me turn purple and will laugh in my face...
And I KNOW it will be foggy tomorrow...!

1 comment:

  1. Phahaha that old Lady was probably thinking "Good God, I could run faster than that" ='P hehehe >_<

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment! You know you want to...!